What Your County Has to Offer :
As our brochure says, “our goal is to provide the resources you need to live in your current home”. Part of those resources are provided by your local county. Below is a list of some of the services offered by your county, as well the appropriate contact information.
Atlantic County– For a complete list call (609) 426-9243 or visit: http://www.aclink.org/intergenerational/
- Legal Services– The county contracts with intergeneration services to give free legal council for low income elderly citizens.
- Managed Long Term Services and Support MLPSS – A resource for low income seniors needing assistance at home in order to avoid placement in a nursing home. Call (609) 426-9243
- Transportation– The county has a bus system for seniors. To schedule a ride or for more information call (609) 645-5918.
- Nutrition Project For The Elderly – Offers meals at senior centers through the county as well as meal delivery to those who are home bound.
Cape May County – http://capemaycountynj.gov/200/Aging-Disability-Services
- Mobile Meals- Meals delivered to home bound seniors.
- Senior Centers– A facility for seniors to gather for games / meals etc.
- Managed Long Term Services and Support MLPSS – A resource for low income seniors needing assistance at home in order to avoid placement in a nursing home.
- State Health Insurance Council and Assistance Program ( SHIP)– Provides assistance with medicare / health insurance questions.
For more information or questions on Cape May County offerings contact Donna Boyle at (609) 886-278.